Who Can Join?
Ascend Federal Credit Union is a full service financial institution serving members from 15 financial centers in Middle Tennessee, a Call Center, and online at ascendfcu.org. As a non-profit financial cooperative, the credit union is mutually owned and governed by the members it serves. Federally insured by the NCUA, membership is limited.
Ascend is an occupational-based credit union with limited membership. Membership eligibility can be determined in one of the following ways:
- Immediate family – If your spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, or grandchildren are members of Ascend, you are eligible to join. Stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adopted children are also considered to be immediate family members.
- Household members – These include individuals who live in the same residence and who maintain a single economic unit. Domestic partners and anyone who lives in the household and can demonstrate a degree of permanency will be considered household members.
- If you belong to one of our select employee groups (SEGs), you are eligible to join. Take a look at the list below and see if your company is in our field of membership. If it is, you’re eligible to join Ascend. If it isn’t, you can find out more about becoming a SEG here.
50 Plus Club
- If you are 50 or older and live within Ascend’s designated service area, you are eligible to join through the 50 Plus Club. A one-time membership due of $10 is assessed when you join the Club. An application must also be completed and returned to any Ascend financial center.
- If you live, work, worship, or attend school in an area that has been deemed financially underserved by the U.S. government, you are eligible to join. Ascend serves all of Franklin County as an underserved community as well as underserved census tracts in Rutherford, Davidson, Maury, and Marshall counties. Call 800-342-3086 or visit your nearest Ascend financial center to find out if you live in an underserved census tract.
The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- Members of the Tennessee Chapter of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) can join Ascend simply by bringing their Field Notes newsletter or TNC membership card to their nearest Ascend financial center and opening a savings account with just $5. Those who are not TNC members can make a $25 donation to the Conservancy at any Ascend financial center and immediately become eligible to join Ascend.
Click here to find out how to open an account.