Ascend believes education is paramount to a successful future. That’s why we offer the Ascend Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program.
Each year we award a $1,000 scholarship to 12 of our members to help them continue their education at an accredited college, university, technical, or trade school. The scholarship awards are divided between six traditional and six non-traditional students.
The scholarship is non-recurring, but previous winners may reapply if they meet the program requirements.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a member of Ascend Federal Credit Union, you must be at least a graduating high school senior and you must plan to enroll or prove enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, technical or trade school in the next academic year. Once these initial requirements are met, you may begin your application by simply following the instructions below.
To establish membership, call 800-342-3086 or visit one of our financial centers.
Already a member? Complete your scholarship application today!
*No purchase necessary to register or win. Registration forms will be available inside the financial centers until Feb. 15.
All family members of Ascend Federal Credit Union's officials and employees are excluded from eligibility. For the purpose of this policy, “family member” is defined as a dependent child, grandchild or stepchild.
Scholarship winners may reapply for the next academic year.
To begin your application, simply follow these instructions:
- Click the Apply Now button below to access the application.
- New Users: Set up an account by registering your email address and creating a password.
- Returning Users: Log in with previously established credentials.
- Once your account has been created and/or you have logged in, you will be directed to the Welcome page.
- If prompted for a program key, enter "ascend" (not case-sensitive).
- Review the requirements and instructions.
- Begin your application!
Please note we require the following information in order for your application to be considered complete:
- ACT/SAT Score (if applicable)
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) [if applicable]
- Current Transcript (high school or college, if applicable)
- Financial Information (Such as financial need, dependent versus non-dependent status, Adjusted Gross Income, etc.)
- Extracurricular Activities/Community Service
- 500-word Essay
- Personal Statement (Why you feel you deserve the award)
Still have questions? Click here to access the FAQs or contact our program administrator ISTS (International Scholarship and Tuition Services) by emailing email@example.com (Subject line: Ascend) or calling 855-670-4787 (855-670-ISTS).
Are you a guidance counselor at a school or college? Please feel free to create a login account (or if a returning user, log in using previously established credentials) to access the application for your review. We ask that you please do not print copies as applications will only be accepted online.