We have checking and savings accounts, Christmas Club, Money Market and youth accounts, and so much more, and we can’t wait to begin serving you.
But first, determine your membership eligibility below.
When you're ready to open an account, call 800-342-3086, visit your local financial center, or contact us for more information.
Ascend is an occupational-based credit union with limited membership. Membership eligibility can be determined in one of the following ways:
- Immediate family – If your spouse, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, or grandchildren are members of Ascend, you are eligible to join. Stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adopted children are also considered to be immediate family members.
- Household members – These include individuals who live in the same residence and who maintain a single economic unit. Domestic partners and anyone who lives in the household and can demonstrate a degree of permanency will be considered household members.
- Employment/Affiliation – If you belong to one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs), you are eligible to join. Please call 800-342-3086 or contact us to see if your employer is already an Ascend SEG partner or if you’re currently qualified to join in another way.
- 50 Plus Club – If you are 50 or older and live within Ascend’s designated service area, you are eligible to join Ascend through the 50 Plus Club. The Club focuses on civic-oriented activities that bring senior citizens and retirees together for informational forums. A one-time membership due of $10 is assessed when you join the Club. An application must also be completed and returned to any credit union financial center.
- Underserved area – If you live, work, worship, or attend school in an area that has been deemed financially underserved by the U.S. government, you are eligible to join. Ascend serves all of Franklin County as an underserved community as well as underserved census tracts in Rutherford, Davidson, Maury and Marshall counties.
- The Nature Conservancy – Existing members of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) are eligible to join Ascend. An individual can become a member of TNC by making a one-time contribution of $25.
If you meet one of the above eligibility requirements, you can become a member of our credit union. To become a member, you must purchase at least one share by depositing $5 into a Share (savings) account. This is not a membership fee – you get it back if you ever decide to close your account. But as long as you keep the $5 in your Share account, you are a member of Ascend. Also, once you join, members of your immediate family are eligible to join.