Becoming a member is easy!
You're eligible to become a member if:
- Someone in your immediate family is a memberLearn MoreIf your spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild is a member of Ascend, you’re eligible to join. Stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adopted children are considered to be immediate family members. If anyone who lives in your household and who can demonstrate a degree of permanency is a member of Ascend, you’re eligible to join.
- Your employer is one of our partnersLearn MorePlease call 800-342-3086 to find out if your employer is an Ascend Select Employee Group (SEG) partner.
- You're over 50 and live in Middle TennesseeLearn MoreIf you are 50 or older and live within our designated service area, you are eligible to join Ascend through the 50-Plus Club. The Club focuses on civic-oriented activities that bring senior citizens and retirees together for informational forums. A one-time membership due of $10 is assessed when you join the Club. An application must also be completed and returned to any credit union financial center.
- You live, work, worship or attend school in an area that has been deemed financially undeserved by the U.S. governmentLearn MoreAll of Franklin County as well as areas in Rutherford, Davidson, Maury and Marshall counties are considered underserved. Ascend serves them all. Please call 800-342-3086 or contact us to see if you are eligible.
- You belong to or join The Nature ConservancyLearn MoreYou can become a member of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) by making a one-time contribution of at least $25 at any Ascend financial center. Existing members of the TNC are automatically eligible to join Ascend.
If you meet one of the above eligibility requirements, you can become a member of our credit union. To become a member, all you have to do is purchase at least one share by depositing $5 into a Share (savings) account. This is not a membership fee – you get it back if you ever decide to close your account. But as long as you keep the $5 in your savings account, you’re a member of Ascend.