HSA Service Center
Does your company offer a high deductible health plan? If so, let your employees know about the Health Savings Account (HSA) from Ascend.
An HSA is a savings account you can use to cover “first dollar” medical expenses including deductibles and prescriptions. It allows you to choose your own doctors and shop around for the best deal on other services and procedures while receiving tax breaks* at the same time:
- Tax deductible contributions.
- Tax-free distributions for qualifying medical expenses for you, your spouse and any other dependents, even if they are not covered under the high deductible health plan.
- Funds roll over and accumulate year-to-year if not spent. In other words, there are no “use it or lose it” rules.
Other benefits of an Ascend HSA include:
- No service fees.
- Contributions are easily made through direct deposit or payroll deduction.
- This is a tiered interest-bearing account based on the balance.
- Access your Ascend HSA by:
- Writing a check – Your first box of checks is free!
- Using your free Ascend HSA check card.
- Logging into E-BRANCH at ascendfcu.org.
- Visiting an Ascend financial center and signing a withdrawal form.
For more information about an Ascend HSA, click the button below to enter the HSA Service Center, or call 800-342-3086.
*This information is provided by Ascend Federal Credit Union and is not intended as tax advice. Please consult a tax professional.