Ascend Retirement and Investment Services*
No-cost, no obligation professional investment advice is available to all credit union members through Ascend Retirement and Investment Services.*
Here are just a few things our Ascend Retirement and Investment Services representatives can help you accomplish:
- Rollover your 401(k)/pension** if you’ve changed jobs– If you’re changing jobs or retiring, you’re dealing with enormous change. You should be considering what to do with your money in your employer’s pension plan, 401(k), 403(b)/TSA or 457 plan. After all, it’s probably one of your biggest assets. The wrong move could cost you thousands and greatly affect the quality of your retirement years.
- Develop an investment plan– Ascend Retirement and Investment Services can help you identify your major financial objectives and recommend strategies to help you achieve financial security. Or, if you already have a financial plan in place, getting a second opinion on your financial situation is always a good idea. The program works in cooperation with the credit union and offers an objective point of view to help you reach your goals.
- Protect your family with life insurance– A general guide is that you need coverage equal to 5 to 10 times your annual gross income. Of course, your family’s needs may be more or less.
- Plan to pay for long-term care– Long-term care, whether provided in your home or in a community setting, is expensive. Medicare is not designed to cover all such care. Medicaid only pays once you’ve exhausted most of your personal assets. Insurance can be a cost-effective way to preserve your savings and assets in the event you require extended care.
- Create a retirement income plan– Ascend Retirement and Investment Services has been designed to help you achieve the retirement years of your dreams. Representatives listen carefully to what you want out of life in retirement, and then help you create a financial roadmap to make it happen. The planning process can help you whether you’re still 20 years away from retirement, just a few years away, or already living in retirement.
Ascend Retirement and Investment Services professionals are located inside Ascend’s financial centers. To make an appointment, simply call 800-342-3086, extension 1307 or 8743.
Check out the background of this firm on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
You can also access a wealth of information regarding Ascend Retirement and Investment Services by clicking the button below.
*Ascend Retirement & Investment Services advisors are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor.CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No financial institution guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty states of the United States of America.
** Prior to requesting a rollover from your employer sponsored retirement account to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you should consider whether the rollover is suitable for you. There may be important differences in features, costs, services, withdrawal options and other important aspects between your employer sponsored retirement account and an IRA.